About the event
Our annual conference & awards dinner focuses on recent and developing False Claims Act issues along with the IRS, SEC, and CFTC whistleblower programs. The conference brings together key False Claims Act players from the Department of Justice and other federal agencies, state government attorneys, successful whistleblowers and key subject matter experts. The conference is not only an opportunity for our members to reconnect as a collective group of FCA advocates but also a chance to recognize those doing exceptional work. The TAFEF annual conference awards include Lawyers of the Year, Whistleblower of the Year Award, The “Honest Abe” Integrity in Government Award, Public-Private Partnership Award and The President’s Award.
Don't miss out! For ticket pricing for paralegals and government employees, or for hardship waivers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Early Bird Tickets
Discount ending 8/15. Includes one dinner ticket.
Begins 8/16. Includes one awards dinner ticket
Awards Dinner Tickets
Price per extra awards dinner ticket.
We know how valuable your time is, so here’s our tentative scheduled which is subject to change.
- Breakfast & Conference 8 AM
- Welcome 9:00 AM
Introduction by Neil Getnick, Chairman of the Board, TAFEF
- Developments in FCA Liability 9:30 AM
- Whistleblower Perspectives 11:00 AM
- Lunch with Special Guest Speaker 12:15 PM
- Afternoon Breakout Sessions 1:15 PM
Option #1: Ethical Issues and Best Practices involving Defendants' Potentially Privileged Documents
Option #2: Predictive Coding-- A Love Story
- Afternoon Breakout Sessions 2:30 PM
Option #1: Developments in the IRS Whistleblower Program
Option #2: Mortgage Fraud
Option #3: Statistical Sampling
- Afternoon Breakout Sessions 4:00 PM
Option #1: Developments at the SEC and CFTC Whistleblower Offices
Option #2: Becoming an Expert on Experts
- Cocktail Reception 6:00 PM
- Awards Dinner 7:00 PM
- Breakfast 8 AM
- State of TAFEF 9:00 AM
Presented by Robert Patten, President and CEO of TAF/TAFEF
- Working with Agencies in the Trump Administration 9:15 AM
- Overcoming the Lack of Agency Concern or Action 10:45 AM
- Lunch with Special Guest Speaker 12:00 PM
- Afternoon Breakout Session 1:00 PM
Option #1: Ready, Aim, FOIA: A Targeted Approach to the Use of FOIA and Other Public Records Requests
Option #2: Best Practices for SEC Whistleblowers